The following areas should be checked regularly for any signs of wear and tear on your sail: - Any dents, wrinkles, imperfections or heavy scratches on the monofilm or X-Ply material, particularly around the boom, foot, clew, head and leech of the sail.
- The downhaul pulley attachment point, the clew eyelets, the mast plug attachment point.
To give your sail a long life:
1. Always rig your sail on grass if possible. For rigging instructions, please read the “Rigging and Tuning Guides” that are supplied with every NeilPryde sail. These manuals can also be downloaded from the NeilPryde website: www.neilpryde.com
2. Sails are damaged easily when left to flap in the wind, so take care when the sail is not rigged & under tension (ie. During rigging or de-rigging).
3. Always protect your sail from the sun when not in use. The harmful effects of the sun’s rays cause the monofilm material of any sail to breakdown over time. After windsurfing, always de-rig shortly after sailing or protect with a beach cover.
4. Always de-rig your sail after use. For storage, roll the sail tightly from the head, and use the sail bag provided - this helps to prevent premature wear of the monofilm.
5. If possible, we recommend that you store your sail lying flat on the ground & horizontal. Do not place heavy objects on top of the sail whilst in storage. If it must be stored in a vertical position, ensure that the luff pocket rests on the ground.
6. If storing your sail away for the winter or for an extended period of time, always rinse in fresh water.
7. Warm water and mild detergent may be used to remove persistent dirt.
The carbon material used in your mast can be seriously damaged by impact with a solid object, point loading or extended exposure to sunlight. This damage may not always be visible to the naked eye. Never place yourself in a situation where the breakage of your mast would make it impossible to return to the shore unaided & without assistance. For more information on the care & maintenance of your NeilPryde mast, please read the User Manual provided with this product or download from our Manuals page.
The following areas should be checked regularly for any signs of wear & tear on your mast:
- The boom attachment area
- The cam contact points
- The ferrule joint
To give your mast a long life:
1. Always protect your mast from impact damage or point loading. Even if there is no visible damage, the mast may be seriously damaged if it is dropped or knocked.
2. Always de-rig your mast shortly after use. We recommend always using a padded mast bag for storage and transportation.
3. Carbon masts, like any masts, can be crushed or broken from over-tightening the boom. The best protection against this is to use only NeilPryde booms.
4. Use NeilPryde mast bases. The base must fit snugly into the bottom of the mast, and must extend into the mast by at least 11.5cm / 5". It is recommended that the base extend no more than 40 cm / 15.75" into the bottom of the mast. The largest NeilPryde extension, 48 cm, is generally only recommended for sails requiring more than 28 cm extension. For the DragonFly mast, only the specified DragonFly mast extension should be used.
5. When rigging a two-piece mast, ensure that the sections are fully engaged after sliding into the luff sleeve. The easiest way to check this is by running your hand along the luff sleeve before applying final downhaul tension. Any separation could cause the upper section or the ferrule to fail under load.
6. Mast-bases, mast ferrules, luff sleeves, sail cams, and all other components must be free from sand and grit. Be sure that all your rig components are clean before you rig up. Warm water and mild detergent may be used to remove persistent dirt.
7. Remember that all masts can be broken by even small waves, surf or shorebreak. Mast breakage resulting from use in breaking waves cannot normally be attributed to defects in manufacturing or material, and is therefore not normally covered under warranty.
8. Although NeilPryde carbon masts are treated with a UV resistant finish, all masts & windsurfing equipment should be kept out of the sun when not in use.
Your boom and/or extension can be seriously damaged by impact with a solid object, extended exposure to sunlight or corrosion (aluminium booms and/or extensions). This damage may not always be visible to the naked eye. Never place yourself in a situation where the breakage of your boom or extension would make it impossible to return to the shore unaided & without assistance. For more information on the care & maintenance of your NeilPryde boom and/or extension, please read the User Manual provided with this product or download from our Manuals page.
The following areas of your boom should be checked regularly for any signs of wear & tear:
The Powerbase unit, including the universal tendon joint, is subject to extreme loads & forces and should be regularly checked and replaced if it shows any signs of wear and tear. The universal tendon joint has a limited approximate "lifetime" of up to 120 hours and should be automatically replaced after this time. For more information on the use, care and maintenance of your Powerbase, please read the User Manual provided with this product or download from our Manuals page.
The following components of the Powerbase should be checked regularly for any signs of wear & tear:
The Tendon Joint on all Powerbase units should be free of any cracks or blemishes in the rubber material. The easiest way to confirm this, is to bend the joint 90° through 4 different axes while checking the mid-point of the joint. If any cracks appear, the joint should be replaced immediately.
The two upper & lower drift pins holding the tendon into the tendon holder should be tight. The tightness of these pins can be confirmed with an Allen key.
The base plate should be flush with the bottom of the Tendon Holder. If there is any play in this part, the inside bolt will need to be tightened.
UXT and MXT Powerbases – Adapter C Cup
The Adapter C cup should be flush with the top of the upper tendon holder. If there is looseness between these two parts, the inside nut will need to be tightened.
UXT Powerbases – U-Pin
The U-Pin should be flush with the upper tendon holder and not have any play.
The warranty does not cover damage resulting from accidents, misuse, accidental or intentional damage. Excluded from the warranty defects and / or damage caused by natural wear, negligence, poor storage conditions, misuse, faulty installation, or defects and / or damage caused by modification of the product not authorized by NeilPryde, made by the Customer or a third party.
Any intentional degradation leads to the immediate and definitive cancellation of the guarantee.
The components of the NeilPryde foils can have sharp edges. For users and any other personnel involved there is a danger of injury while the components are being assembled and while the foil is in use. The use of this product and participation in the sport involves inherent risk of injury or death. To reduce the risks:
NeilPryde warrants that this product, when it is purchased from an authorized NeilPryde dealer by a retail customer, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original retail customer. This warranty is solely for the benefit of the original retail purchaser and may not be assigned.
For retail customer Limited Warranty claims, proof of purchase from an authorized NeilPryde dealer is required. If the date of purchase cannot be established, NeilPryde will make a determination based upon on the last production year of the particular model, or on the condition of the equipment claimed.
If you have any questions about the NeilPryde LimitedWarranty or procedures for making claims thereunder, please contact NeilPryde at www.neilpryde.com The NeilPryde Warranty Center will determine if a product is covered under this Limited Warranty. If covered, NeilPryde will, at NeilPryde’s sole option, repair or replace the product in question.
All returns must be made through NeilPryde authorized dealers within 30 days of the defect becoming apparent. NeilPryde does not accept returns directly from consumers. Dealers must call for a Return Authorization Number before returning any product under this Limited Warranty. All authorized returns must be sent to NeilPryde’s Warranty Center at the country’s main distribution warranty office, freight prepaid. Return shipment will either be consolidated together with the authorized dealers next shipment, or paid by NeilPryde, at NeilPryde’s sole option.
Any repair or replacement of any product under this Limited Warranty is not available for ordinary wear and tear, including scratches or paint chipping, or for any damage caused by misuse, abuse, unauthorized modification or repairs, accident, heat, excessive exposure to sunlight, improper handling, storage, maintenance or care; incorrect setup, use in commercial, rental or teaching environments; use in reef waves, shorebreak or off the water; any blow or impact with a hard object or any other irresponsible use.
THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE, WHETHER WRITTEN, ORAL OR IMPLIED AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL NEILPRYDE BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, STATUTORY OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE including, without limitation, loss to property other than this product, loss of use of said product, or other property or other economic losses. NeilPryde shall not be liable for contribution or indemnification, whatever the cause.
Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation and exclusion may not apply to particular customers. NeilPryde’s obligations under any warranty shall be limited, to the greatest extent allowed by law, as provided in this NeilPryde Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may also have other rights, which vary from one jurisdiction to another.