The use of this product exposes the user to many unavoidable and unexpected risks, dangers and hazards. The suppliers of this product are not responsible for any damage to property or any personal injury caused by any active negligence of the suppliers or by any use, misuse, abuse or irresponsible use of this product by the user.
Recommended Windsurfing Practice:
Windsurfing is a HAZARDOUS activity and the use of windsurfing equipment involves the risk of serious personal injury to any part of the user’s body or death.
Injuries are an INHERENT RISK of windsurfing and the participation in windsurfing implies the user’s express assumption of those risks.
Children should always be under adult supervision.
It is strongly recommended that beginners take lessons.
ALWAYS inspect your equipment for signs of wear and tear each time before sailing, particularly the universal or tendon joint.
IF any products are found to show signs of wear and tear these should be repaired or replaced immediately and before further use. If in doubt about any signs of wear and tear, please contact your local NeilPryde Dealer and/or Distributor. Contact details are available here.
NEVER place yourself in a situation where breakage of any one of the various windsurfing components would pose a risk to yourself or others, or make it impossible to return to the shore safely and unassisted.
Make sure you use properly designed and manufactured parts from reputable suppliers.
Take time to study the conditions including sea state, tides, currents and weather forecasts before you decide to go sailing. Beware of sailing in offshore winds.
Familiarize yourself with any new location before venturing onto the water. Ask the locals to tell you about any hazards.
Watch out for other beach users, especially swimmers and small children. Make sure you keep your board and rig under control at all times and that they don’t get blown about on the beach or in the water.
Always use appropriate safety and floatation devices. Wear the correct protective clothing for the conditions such as a wetsuit or a UV top.
Make sure someone knows where you’ve gone and when you are expected back - always sail with a buddy.
Be aware of the conditions as they change. Always return to the beach if there is a significant change in the conditions. I.e. wind dropping or wind and waves increasing.
Do not alter, modify or change this product.
This product is designed and manufactured only for windsurfing on water.
The following areas should be checked regularly for any signs of wear and tear on your sail:
- Any dents, wrinkles, imperfections or heavy scratches on the monofilm or X-Ply material, particularly around the boom, foot, clew, head and leech of the sail.
- The downhaul pulley attachment point, the clew eyelets, the mast plug attachment point.
To give your sail a long life:
1. Always rig your sail on grass if possible. For rigging instructions, please read the “Rigging and Tuning Guides” that are supplied with every NeilPryde sail. These manuals can also be downloaded from the NeilPryde website: www.neilpryde.com
2. Sails are damaged easily when left to flap in the wind, so take care when the sail is not rigged & under tension (ie. During rigging or de-rigging).
3. Always protect your sail from the sun when not in use. The harmful effects of the sun’s rays cause the monofilm material of any sail to breakdown over time. After windsurfing, always de-rig shortly after sailing or protect with a beach cover.
4. Always de-rig your sail after use. For storage, roll the sail tightly from the head, and use the sail bag provided - this helps to prevent premature wear of the monofilm.
5. If possible, we recommend that you store your sail lying flat on the ground & horizontal. Do not place heavy objects on top of the sail whilst in storage. If it must be stored in a vertical position, ensure that the luff pocket rests on the ground.
6. If storing your sail away for the winter or for an extended period of time, always rinse in fresh water.
7. Warm water and mild detergent may be used to remove persistent dirt.
8. Use only NeilPryde masts for rigging.
The carbon material used in your mast can be seriously damaged by impact with a solid object, point loading or extended exposure to sunlight. This damage may not always be visible to the naked eye. Never place yourself in a situation where the breakage of your mast would make it impossible to return to the shore unaided & without assistance. For more information on the care & maintenance of your NeilPryde mast, please read the User Manual provided with this product or download from our Manuals page.
The following areas should be checked regularly for any signs of wear & tear on your mast:
- The boom attachment area
- The cam contact points
- The ferrule joint
To give your mast a long life:
1. Always protect your mast from impact damage or point loading. Composite materials such as carbon are very susceptible to impact damage. Even if there is no visible damage, the mast may be seriously damaged if it is dropped or knocked, which will, when put under load, result in breaking.
2. Always de-rig your mast immediately after use. We recommend always using a padded mast bag for storage and transportation.
3. Carbon masts, like any masts, can be crushed or broken from over-tightening the boom. The best protection against this is to use only NeilPryde booms.
4. Use NeilPryde mast bases. The base must fit snugly into the bottom of the mast, and must extend into the mast by at least 11.5cm / 5". It is recommended that the base extend no more than 40 cm / 15.75" into the bottom of the mast. The largest NeilPryde extension, 48 cm, is generally only recommended for sails requiring more than 28 cm extension. For the DragonFly mast, only the specified DragonFly mast extension should be used.
5. When rigging a two-piece mast, ensure that the sections are fully engaged after sliding into the luff sleeve. The easiest way to check this is by running your hand along the luff sleeve before applying final downhaul tension. Any separation could cause the upper section or the ferrule to fail under load.
6. Mast-bases, mast ferrules, luff sleeves, sail cams, and all other components must be free from sand and grit. Be sure that all your rig components are clean before you rig up. Warm water and mild detergent may be used to remove persistent dirt.
7. Remember that all masts can be broken by even small waves, surf or shorebreak. Mast breakage resulting from use in breaking waves cannot normally be attributed to defects in manufacturing or material, and is therefore not normally covered under warranty.
8. Although NeilPryde carbon masts are treated with a UV resistant finish, all masts & windsurfing equipment should be kept out of the sun when not in use.
9. For storage, transportation or simply whenever not being used, ALWAYS store your mast in a protective mast bag.
10. Before down-hauling your sail, ALWAYS check to ensure that the two mast sections are fully engaged after sliding into the luff sleeve. The easiest way to check this is by running your hand along the luff sleeve before applying final downhaul tension. Any separation could cause the upper section or the ferrule to fail under load.
11. NeilPryde masts are designed only to be used in conjunction with NeilPryde sails and other rig components. For compatibility information refer to www.neilpryde.com. The use of this mast with non NeilPryde components is NOT covered under warranty. It is important that you obtain, read and become familiar with the warnings, instructions, care and maintenance recommendations that are outlined in the booklets packaged with your NeilPryde sail.
BOOMS & EXTENSIONS
Your boom and/or extension can be seriously damaged by impact with a solid object, extended exposure to sunlight or corrosion (aluminum booms and/or extensions). This damage may not always be visible to the naked eye. Never place yourself in a situation where the breakage of your boom or extension would make it impossible to return to the shore unaided & without assistance. For more information on the care & maintenance of your NeilPryde boom and/or extension, please read the User Manual provided with this product or download from our Manuals page.
The following areas of your boom should be checked regularly for any signs of wear & tear:
- Mechanical front end parts: front end lever, clamp & screws
- Inhaul adjustment rope
- Back end adjustment levers
To give your booms and extensions a long life:
1. Take care to keep your booms & extensions out of the sun when not in use.
2. All sliding components must be free of sand & grit. Be sure to rinse out your boom in fresh water to prevent the build-up of dirt. This will also prolong the life of your aluminum booms & extensions, which can be subject to corrosion over time.
3. Do not leave boom clips open when not in use.
4. Do not leave your extension inside your mast when not in use as it may corrode.
The Powerbase unit, including the universal tendon joint, is subject to extreme loads & forces and should be regularly checked and replaced if it shows any signs of wear and tear. The universal tendon joint has a limited approximate "lifetime" of up to 120 hours and should be automatically replaced after this time. For more information on the use, care and maintenance of your Powerbase, please read the User Manual provided with the product or download from our Manuals page.
The following components of the Powerbase should be checked regularly for any signs of wear & tear:
The Tendon Joint on all Powerbase units should be free of any cracks or blemishes in the rubber material. The easiest way to confirm this, is to bend the joint 90° through 4 different axes while checking the mid-point of the joint. If any cracks appear, the joint should be replaced immediately.
The two upper & lower drift pins holding the tendon into the tendon holder should be tight. The tightness of these pins can be confirmed with an Allen key.
The base plate should be flush with the bottom of the Tendon Holder. If there is any play in this part, the inside bolt will need to be tightened.
MXT Powerbases – Adapter C Cup
The Adapter C cup should be flush with the top of the upper tendon holder. If there is looseness between these two parts, the inside nut will need to be tightened.
UXT Powerbases – U-Pin
The U-Pin should be flush with the upper tendon holder and not have any play.
If any of your NeilPryde products are showing any of the above signs of wear & tear, please contact your local NeilPryde Dealer or Distributor for advice as soon as possible, a list of distributors can be found here.
Windsurfing foils are subject to extreme loads and forces and should be regularly checked for any signs of wear and tear. The foil used in your board can be seriously damaged by hitting a solid object or the ground. This damage may not always be visible to the naked eye. Never place yourself in a position where the breakage of your foil would make it impossible to return to shore unaided and without assistance. The tip, trailing edge and leading edge of this foil are sharp and can cause cuts. Take care to avoid these sharp edges with your hands, legs or feet especially during water starting.
The different attachment systems provided with the NeilPryde foils, are designed to attach the NeilPryde foils to a windsurf, paddle, or surf board. Due to the fact that there are many different board brands, which have different construction standards which NeilPryde can´t control, by using the provided foil & base system, the user will not hold NeilPryde accountable for damages that could be caused to the board, or the rider himself, and will use the product at the user´s own risk.
The warranty does not cover damage resulting from accidents, misuse, accidental or intentional damage. Excluded from the warranty defects and / or damage caused by natural wear, negligence, poor storage conditions, misuse, faulty installation, or defects and / or damage caused by modification of the product not authorized by NeilPryde, made by the Customer or a third party.
Any intentional degradation leads to the immediate and definitive cancellation of the guarantee.
The components of the NeilPryde foils can have sharp edges. For users and any other personnel involved there is a danger of injury while the components are being assembled and while the foil is in use. The use of this product and participation in the sport involves inherent risk of injury or death. To reduce the risks:
- Always wear a suitable helmet.
- The use of a long leg wetsuit and protective boots is recommended.
- The product is designed for use on water and by trained personnel (over 18 years) only.
- This product is designed for use on water only.
- Always rinse with clear water each parts after use to prevent corrosion.
- Always disconnect the foil from the board after use to prevent corrosion (remove screws from foil base)
- Sail under control and do not use at speeds that exceed the skills of the rider.
- Do not use in shallow water or near the shore, docks, pylons, swimmers or other.
- Use only original NeilPryde replacement parts.
- It is the user’s responsibility to inspect equipment for wear before every use.
- It is the user’s responsibility to repair and maintain this product.
- The use of damaged products is not allowed.
- Before riding ensure that the screws are tightened.
- NeilPryde Limited is not responsible for injuries or damage to the windfoil due to misuse or any use not consistent with these instructions.
- Do not use this product under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Always wear an approved life and protection vest.
- Disassemble all parts and rinse after use.
- Exclusively use original NeilPryde screws. Failure to follow these instructions may increase the risk of serious personal injury or death, damage to the product or both.
Failure to follow these instructions may increase the risk of serious personal injury or death, damage to the product or both.
NeilPryde warrants that this product, when it is purchased from an authorized NeilPryde dealer by a retail customer, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original retail customer. This warranty is solely for the benefit of the original retail purchaser and may not be assigned.
Due to the fact that each mast has a specific bend curve, the sails are built around the mast: to rig the sail using a mast other than the NeilPryde mast, could potentially damage the sail. Therefore NeilPryde does not warranty its sails if they are rigged with masts that are not NeilPryde.
For retail customer Limited Warranty claims, proof of purchase from an authorized NeilPryde dealer is required. If the date of purchase cannot be established, NeilPryde will make a determination based upon on the last production year of the particular model, or on the condition of the equipment claimed.
If you have any questions about the NeilPryde LimitedWarranty or procedures for making claims thereunder, please contact NeilPryde at www.neilpryde.com The NeilPryde Warranty Center will determine if a product is covered under this Limited Warranty. If covered, NeilPryde will, at NeilPryde’s sole option, repair or replace the product in question.
All returns must be made through NeilPryde authorized dealers within 30 days of the defect becoming apparent. NeilPryde does not accept returns directly from consumers. Dealers must call for a Return Authorization Number before returning any product under this Limited Warranty. All authorized returns must be sent to NeilPryde’s Warranty Center at the country’s main distribution warranty office, freight prepaid. Return shipment will either be consolidated together with the authorized dealers next shipment, or paid by NeilPryde, at NeilPryde’s sole option.
Any repair or replacement of any product under this Limited Warranty is not available for ordinary wear and tear, including scratches or paint chipping, or for any damage caused by misuse, abuse, unauthorized modification or repairs, accident, heat, excessive exposure to sunlight, improper handling, storage, maintenance or care; incorrect setup, use in commercial, rental or teaching environments; use in reef waves, shorebreak or off the water; any blow or impact with a hard object or any other irresponsible use.
THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE, WHETHER WRITTEN, ORAL OR IMPLIED AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL NEILPRYDE BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, STATUTORY OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE including, without limitation, loss to property other than this product, loss of use of said product, or other property or other economic losses. NeilPryde shall not be liable for contribution or indemnification, whatever the cause.
Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation and exclusion may not apply to particular customers. NeilPryde’s obligations under any warranty shall be limited, to the greatest extent allowed by law, as provided in this NeilPryde Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may also have other rights, which vary from one jurisdiction to another.